The Brafa Art Fair, created in 1956, is one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious art fairs, famous for the high quality fine art, antiques, modern and contemporary art and design it offers. Brafa stretches on 9 days from the end of January to the beginning of February. The first major art event of the year, it is considered a reliable barometer of the art market.
Brafa is located in Tour & Taxis, a magnificent site that is part of Brussels’ industrial heritage. The cosmopolitan capital of Europe is known for its excellent food and dazzling array of museums, monuments and boutique shops.
WHAT MAKES BRAFA SO FAMOUS
- QUALITY AND AUTHENTICITY Brafa’s exhibitor selection process is rigorous, and all objects are verified by an international committee of experts before the fair opens its doors to the public.
- This enables visitors to buy with the greatest confidence.
- DIVERSITY Brafa is an exceptional showcase of high quality and rare pieces dating from the Bronze Age to the present day, covering some 5000 years of history. The fair attracts major art collectors, new buyers, and art lovers curious to see what is on the market.
- ORGANIZATION Brafa has been held for over sixty years, and the Brafa team’s professionalism has grown with the reputation of the fair.
- ATMOSPHERE The fair is known for its welcoming atmosphere, eclecticism and elegance. Brafa’s size means you can get a good impression of the fair in a few hours, leaving you lots of time to linger over your favourite pieces!